Weapons Charges | Dreishpoon Weapons Charges Lawyer Queens NYC
Queens Unlicensed Weapon Defense Lawyer
The district attorney’s offices in the New York metropolitan area have decided to come down hard on people caught in possession of unlicensed weapons. If you get indicted on such a violent felony offense, the minimum jail time is 3 ½ years and the maximum is 15. Thus, the key is to avoid indictment. To do so, you need to hire an experienced Queens criminal defense lawyer immediately.
The Law Offices of Michael Dreishpoon has over 20 years experience in successfully representing New Yorkers facing weapons charges. Michael Dreishpoon personally will construct your legal defense by taking into consideration the following facts and circumstances:
- Was the weapon operable?
- If a firearm, was it loaded?
- Did you have what’s known as “temporary and lawful possession” of the weapon?
- Was the weapon found on or near you?
The answer to these questions and many others will permit Michael Dreishpoon to craft the defense that’s right for you.
Queens, New York Weapons Possession Laws
The possession of unlicensed and unregistered handguns is a criminal offense in New York and constitutes a weapons offense. The law acknowledges two exceptions to this rule, which could result in criminal charges of possession of firearm or possession of weapons, even if you are not carrying a weapon :
- The first exception is constructive possession, which refers to the possession of a weapon found in an area under your control, such as the glove compartment of your car, your book bag, or your office desk.
- If the police find a weapon in your friend’s apartment or vehicle and you are in it at the time, then you can be considered to have presumptive possession of it.
In cases like these, the manner and location in which the weapon is discovered play a crucial role in determining whether the District Attorney’s Office can successfully prosecute you for weapons crimes. A police search that violates your rights and leads to the discovery of an illegal weapon could result in criminal charges of criminal possession of a firearm or possession of illegal weapons being dismissed.
It is important to seek legal counsel immediately if you are facing criminal charges related to possession of illegal firearms or weapons. A skilled criminal defense attorney can evaluate your case, identify potential defense strategies, and work to protect your rights and freedom.
Hire an Experienced Queens Weapons Possession Defense Lawyer
Queens defense lawyer Michael Dreishpoon is an aggressive and experienced attorney who can defend you without reasonable doubt against firearm charges, including unlawful possession of various types of firearms in the New York metropolitan area. If you are facing a firearm charge, it is crucial to have an aggressive lawyer on your side who can help protect your rights and your future. Contact Michael Dreishpoon today for a free consultation to discuss the facts of your case and plan the best course of action. Don’t face a firearm charge alone, trust the expertise of Queens defense lawyer Michael Dreishpoon to help you through this difficult time.
Types of Weapons Charges in NYC
In New York City, there are various types of charges that can be brought against you for firearms charges, including unlawful possession of a firearm, carrying a concealed weapon, and using a firearm during the commission of a crime.
If you are facing any of these charges, it is important to have a skilled attorney who can help you understand your legal options and build a strong defense based on credible evidence. This may include exploring additional sentencing options, such as a split sentence, which involves serving part of the sentence in jail and the rest in the community under supervision.
Additionally, if you have a previous conviction on your record, it can make your situation even more complex. That’s why it’s critical to have an experienced attorney who can navigate the legal system and fight for your rights. Don’t face weapons charges alone – contact a qualified lawyer today to help protect your future.
- During your initial consultation with your lawyer, it is important to be honest and forthcoming about your situation. Your attorney will need to gather as much information as possible about the case in order to prepare an effective defense on your behalf. They will also explain their fees and payment plans so that you are aware of the costs involved.
- When it comes to legal matters, honesty is crucial, especially when facing criminal charges. Even for honest, law-abiding people, a criminal conviction can have far-reaching consequences. That’s why it’s important to have a skilled attorney on your side who can help you navigate the legal system and protect your rights.
- If you have a previous felony conviction or are facing charges for a violent offense, it is especially important to work with a lawyer who understands the complexities of sentencing guidelines and can help you develop a strong legal strategy. A background check may also be necessary to determine the best course of action for your case.
- Remember, your lawyer is on your side and is committed to helping you through this difficult time. Be honest and up-front with them so that they can provide you with the best possible defense. With the right legal representation, you can navigate the criminal justice system with confidence and protect your future.
What to Expect When Meeting with a Weapons Charges Lawyer in NYC
The Role of a Weapons Charges Lawyer in NYC
Whether you are facing a non-criminal or criminal weapons charge, it is important to have an experienced criminal defense attorney on your side who can help you navigate the legal system and achieve the best possible outcome.
A skilled lawyer will provide you with dedicated representation and guidance throughout the entire process, from start to finish. They will work tirelessly to build a defense strategy that is tailored to your specific situation and negotiate on your behalf to achieve a no-jail outcome or minimize the potential sentence.
With extensive knowledge of criminal law and access to resources such as expert witnesses, a weapons charges lawyer can help you understand the minimum and maximum prison sentences associated with your charge, as well as what constitutes credible and compelling evidence in your case.
If you are facing a charge for possessing a weapon with intent, it is especially important to work with a lawyer who has experience defending clients against similar charges in the United States. They can help you navigate the complexities of the legal system and provide you with the guidance and support you need to protect your rights and your future.
Don’t leave your future to chance – contact an experienced criminal defense attorney today to discuss your case and develop a strong legal strategy.